Sunday, February 12, 2023

Intro

     Well here it is, the portfolio project. Not going to lie I'm pretty nervous for it. It's a big percentage of our grade and final so there's a lot of pressure on this project. But to get right into things I have some ideas.

    While watching the samples Ms. Stoklosa showed us I was just thinking about how I would approach this. I would love to be in the video but I think it would come out better if I was the directors and cinematographer. The first idea I had in my head was the sad clown paradox. There's this youtuber that I watch called "The Canvas" and he made a video on the sad clown paradox. We see this paradox in Todd Phillips' "Joker". I wanted to start off my video by maybe somebody giving a stand up comedy skit and then hours later they're drinking alcohol alone and crying. Something like that. But I thought it was too much like the Joker. So I thought of something new.

    I love to fight, I've been doing MMA since as long as I could remember. So maybe I could do something on that. This year was my first year on the Cypress Bay Wrestling Team, so maybe my film opening could be the pre match talk the coach gives his wrestler before a big match. I just need an adult and a kid to play in this. I would also need like a locker room area. Maybe they are in the locker room right before the big match in a big arena with hundreds watching.

    Maybe I'm being too eccentric, I should just keep it simple. I don't want to do a montage because I don't really like them. I want to make an opening with a lot of meaning. I still have a lot to think about. But for now those are my only two ideas, I think they're a little bit too complicated so I will try to think about something simpler.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

 Here is my film opening. Enjoy!