Sunday, April 2, 2023

Script for the First CCR

Hey everybody welcome back to the "What's Film" podcast. In today's episode I have some questions from you guys asking me about the Film I released last episode. So let's see what you guys have to say. So "Film Enthusiast 1999" asks, "How does your product use or challenge conventions and how does it represent social groups?"

That's a very good question Film Enthusiast 1999. Well to answer the first part of your question, in the film I actually used conventions of a romantic comedy/romantic drama. This genre of movie usually has montages of falling in love. So I added that to the beginning of the film to already establish happiness. My girlfriend and I are the actors so we spent time together being happy and then I proposed to her. But as we all know not everything goes right with love. Hence the romantic drama aspect. After the happy montage my girlfriend leaves on a trip and I stay home. Before she leaves I make her breakfast with her favorite jelly, which I hate. She leaves for a while but when she comes back home her jelly is fully eaten. The last scene where she realizes her jelly is gone creates that drama and maybe even suspension. Who ate the jelly? We don't have any kids, so am I having an affair? Dun dun dun.

And to answer the second part of your question. I believe my film represents the social group of the people who have been cheated on. Many people have felt this before, that feeling when you find out that the person you love and trust is not who you thought they were. It's a horrible feeling. I've felt it before. It leave you in a dark place, like an abyss. So I wanted to relate to the people who felt the same. I made this film to connect with that social group that has been hurt the way I have.

Sorry to get deep on you guys there but that's film. Let's see the second question here. This is from "I Love Santi". Thank you by the way I love you too. Anyway, they asked, "How does your product engage with audiences and how would it be distributed as a real media text?"

Well to answer your question, my film engages with the audience by invoking the sense of emotion one feels when they have discovered that their partner is being unfaithful. The raw emotion of love is one we all can connect and reside with, so I chose it to better connect my film to the audience. As far as where I could distribute my film, April 14th to the 23rd is the Florida Film Festival. This year is the 32nd annual festival so that will 100% be the plan to distribute. Of course I can distribute it in other film festivals like the Palm Beach or the Fort Meyers festival. But the Florida Film Festival would be ideal.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

 Here is my film opening. Enjoy!